Turning aspirations into outcomes for Texas youth.
We are currently working with the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) to engage and inspire Texas’ youth on fast-growing, high-paying careers and educational opportunities in Texas. We are working with TWC to implement outreach strategies to create career awareness. This project includes:
- Conducting market research on effective outreach strategies and youth perceptions of targeted industries; and
- Leading the development of the campaign’s message and creative concepts.
Read more about the creative concepts we are creating below.
Preliminary Messaging Strategy Roadmap
After hearing from representatives from industries, Tri-Agency (TWC, TEA, and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board), and the TWC, we developed a roadmap for TWC’s outreach to youth, ages 14 to 24. TWC desired to make a campaign directed at Texas youth that was:
- Purposeful, and
Developing Creative Concepts
After surveying and field testing creative concepts to see which message resonated most with Texas youth, we are now in the process of developing both the concepts and interactive components for each. These concepts include:
- Mobile and desktop website with an interactive industry data dashboard, virtual assistant, and information on eight industry clusters;
- Murals to be placed around the state of Texas;
- Text-messaging program for students to request information;
- Television, radio, and Spotify (a streaming music service) ads; and
- Social media materials development.
Stay tuned for more updates on this exciting project!