State Agencies & City Governments
We’ve built a track record of successful engagements with education leaders in several states, ensuring a robust combination of education content expertise and management consulting experience methodology consistent with McKinsey, Booz & Co., and some of the world’s top firms.
We have also developed the framework for a performance-based budgeting system for the City of Houston, the fourth largest city in the U.S.
View our recent projects below and be sure to visit our newsroom for updates!
Texas Workforce Commission Outreach Initiative
We are currently working on a Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) initiative aimed at equipping teens and young adults in Texas with information on fast-growing, high-paying occupations and educational opportunities. This project includes:
- Developing a preliminary messaging strategy roadmap for TWC’s outreach to youth;
- Field testing to better understand the needs and aspirations of Texas youth ages 14 to 24; and
- Managing and developing creative concepts (see below) to engage Texas youth.
To learn more about this project, click or tap the button below.
Texas Education Agency Early College High School and STEM Academies
We are currently partnering with the nonprofit Educate Texas on a project for the TEA to provide technical assistance to more than 300 Early College High School (ECHS) and STEM Academies statewide. For this project, Safal offers our partner Educate Texas with our technical capability and expertise in the areas of data collection, analysis, and outreach. This project includes:
- Creating a comprehensive data collection tool for site visit data, needs assessments, reviews, and school information;
- Assistance with reporting to allow Educate Texas and the TEA to view and understand campus data;
- Creating a unified website for both high school models that will curate important school resources and communicate information to the public;
- Dissemination and outreach strategy to amplify the reach of the website and school models across the state; and
- Virtual community of practices that will facilitate conversations between stakeholders on relevant issues.
Texas Education Agency 21st Century Community Learning Centers
We are monitoring all active Texas Education Agency (TEA) 21st Century Community Learning Centers (CCLC) programs, also known as the Texas Afterschool Centers (ACE). These federal programs are charged with improving the academic experiences and achievements of Texas students, particularly the most disadvantaged populations.
To ensure that 21st CCLC grantees are advancing on state and federal objectives and achieving the desired outcomes of the program, we assist the TEA in:
- Maintaining ongoing, targeted communication with its grantees;
- Ensuring grantee conformance to state and federal data reporting requirements;
- Monitoring quality compliance of the program; and
- Providing an outlet for technical assistance, best-practice sharing, and evaluation adjustments.
Texas Education Agency Career and Technical Education
We have consolidated and reinvigorated 10,000 resources from seven websites into a newly organized resource collection to better serve the education and workforce needs in Texas. As part of our ongoing work with the TEA CTE Resource Integration project, we are also in the process of creating web-based learning modules.
Louisiana Department of Education
We collaborated with the Louisiana Department of Education to develop frameworks for district level reform, determine a portfolio management approach for the state agency, and articulate the state’s approach in supporting districts in creating conditions of success. A few key accomplishments included:
- Developing frameworks for district level reform
- Determine a portfolio management approach for the state agency, and articulate the state’s approach in supporting districts in creating conditions for success
- Partnered with the Department of Education to provide “Level 2” deep dive support in the 3 largest parishes (Jefferson, New Orleans, and Caddo) to build plan for district-wide reform
Rhode Island Department of Education
We provided strategic assistance for the Rhode Island Department of Education as it drove statewide reforms as part of its Race to The Top program. We performed statewide interim assessment and formative assessment design and requirement gathering for Race to the Top implementation for Rhode Island and published $6.9 million RFP for interim assessments and $640K RFP for online modules for formative assessments.
Texas Association of Community Colleges
Safal Partners is partnering with the Texas Association of Community Colleges (TACC) to develop effective processes as a first step towards developing a comprehensive strategic plan for TACC and its affiliate organizations. Safal is able to leverage significant experience in strategic and financial planning coupled with deep understanding of nonprofit organizations to support TACC in optimizing financial and budgetary processes. Through strategic assessment and collaboration with key stakeholders, Safal believes its methodology and pragmatic approach will develop a targeted and objective plan to improve TACC’s operational efficacy.