Turning passion into outcomes for adults working to better their lives.
The Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education (OCTAE) Division of Adult Education and Literacy hired us in 2016 to help develop a strategic plan to conceptualize the overall framework for a 4-year research plan to conduct research on adult education and literacy activities. The division administers the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Title II funding for adult education.
We are working on several items, including:
- Compilation and analysis of statutory requirements for research and evaluation under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- Identification of potential opportunities for collaboration and coordination across WIOA partner programs
- Convening of subject matter experts and federal agency partners to support development of research questions and methodological approaches
Institute of Education Science National Study of the Implementation of Adult Education Under WIOA (NSIAE)
- State directors of adult education across the nation, and
- Local adult education programs funded by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), Title II Adult Education and Family Literacy Act.