Safal Partners has been contracted by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) to conduct an independent analysis of grade 3–8 English language arts and reading (ELAR) instructional materials to evaluate their quality through a review process. The aim of this review process is to support and inform LEAs’ own local review processes by providing clear, transparent, and user-friendly information about the quality of instructional materials.
As a part of this process, we are seeking Texas educators to participate in the Instructional Materials Quality Evaluation (IMQE) pilot by becoming a reviewer. Ideal candidates will possess the following characteristics:
- Deep content knowledge and experience with English language arts and reading, including an understanding of the TEKS in ELAR
- A proven track record of achieving ambitious results with students
- Passion for increasing educator capacity to seek, develop, and demand the highest quality materials
- Commitment to ensuring Texas students have access to high-quality instructional materials
- The ability to participate in both in-person and virtual conferences and collaborate with fellow reviewers as often as once a week during the review cycle
Interested in becoming a reviewer? Click or tap the button below to read more about the application process.